Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Found one of my stampings from years ago online in an archive hosted by an American univeristy - part of the collection of the late great mail artist J.C. Calvert better known to his correspondents as Rudi Rubberoid. Also went under the names of many nom de plumes inc. Joey Your Postcard Pal, Gerry Ziplock, Gertie Glunkbucket etc. I made those last two up but they sounded very similar! The stamp was made by me back in the 80's from my design by Rubber Stereos in Avon. I used them a few times to make sheets of stamps. They always did a good job and very cheap compared with most places that made stamps professionally. I had to make my own wooden blocks to mount them on so that kept the cost down some what!

1 comment:

México said...

I've been an ardent follower of your blog for years now, and your latest updates are truly remarkable.